Sunday, November 24, 2019

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Any front end engineers transition to ML/AI engineering? What's it like?

Ask HN: Any front end engineers transition to ML/AI engineering? What's it like?
17 by baron816 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I'm a frontend engineer and I really enjoy it, but I do feel like there isn't much more for me to learn or room to grow. I've been thinking about trying to start learning ML, but I'm not sure I'd like it. Seems like it would be very different from what I'm currently doing. My interest in it at the moment is money related, but I'm confident that could change once I really get in it. I'm also confident that my company would give me the opportunity move into a relevant role, so long as I knew what I was doing. What I'm most interested in knowing is what the day to day work is like, and how different is it from every other software engineering job?

No comments:

Post a Comment