Saturday, July 20, 2019

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why is Google search different on mobile Firefox compared to Chrome?

Ask HN: Why is Google search different on mobile Firefox compared to Chrome?
19 by 1drr | 0 comments on Hacker News.
For instance the Images tab is quite degraded and different in Firefox (Can't swipe picture), I also noticed that some widget apps like soccer matches are degraded. try typing "Barcelona matches" in both browsers and notice how degraded the matches widget is in Firefox compared to chrome (For instance the matches are clickable in Chrome but not in Firefox). There are other examples that I can't remember right now, I am sure of it. I also noticed that AMP isn't available in Firefox, though I am not a fan of AMP, I still find it weird that it's not available, considering Google's motives behind AMP, which is to improve user experience, allegedly. Isn't this a bit anti competitive and alarming?

No comments:

Post a Comment