Friday, December 28, 2018

New top story on Hacker News: I wrote a free book about TDD and clean architecture in Python

I wrote a free book about TDD and clean architecture in Python
7 by thedigicat | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hey HN, I just published on Leanpub a free book, "Clean Architectures in Python". It's a humble attempt to organise and expand some posts I published on my blog in the last years. You can find it here: http://bit.ly/2Vfo97q The main content is divided in two parts, this is a brief overview of the table of contents * Part 1 - Tools - Chapter 1 - Introduction to TDD - Chapter 2 - On unit testing - Chapter 3 - Mocks * Part 2 - The clean architecture - Chapter 1 - Components of a clean architecture - Chapter 2 - A basic example - Chapter 3 - Error management - Chapter 4 - Database repositories Some highlights: - The book is written with beginners in mind - It contains 3 full projects, two small ones to introduce TDD and mocks, a bigger one to describe the clean architecture approach - Each project is explained step-by-step, and each step is linked to a tag in a companion repository on GitHub The book is free, but if you want to contribute I will definitely appreciate the help. My target is to encourage the discussion about software architectures, both in the Python community and outside it. I hope you will enjoy the book! Please spread the news on your favourite social network

No comments:

Post a Comment