Wednesday, November 29, 2017

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do I get $2.2M dollars?

Ask HN: How do I get $2.2M dollars?
3 by gallerdude | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I've decided that the optimal path I want in life is $2.2 million dollars, and then to live the rest of my life off of the interest generated from an index fund (approx $80K/year after tax). Right now I'm in college studying Computer Science, and in my free time I write (I'm not any good at either yet, but now's the time to get good, so I'm not worried). I've thought about a start-up, but the risk and reward are both too high. A successful startup is around the $10 million to $1 billion, depending on what you create. This is way over my goal. I'm sure the risk is proportional to the potential money earned, so it'd be inefficient to overshoot my target.

No comments:

Post a Comment